Saturday, September 18, 2010

Stick to a diet at summer parties

In my experience, about 90% of the time the host will assign me a salad once I suggest one even if they have no idea about my raw preferences. If I bring the salad – easy – tons to choose from. In fact, I'll post one below that everyone loves.

The next thing you might suggest if you have time is to bring a vegetable side dish. Again, there are many raw choices for this as well.

I present the dish with the explanation that I'm eating a lot of raw food these days and I thought this side dish was really great and I hope you don't mind that I brought it along to try.

I think it's better than sitting there feeling deprived and/or making yourself feel uncomfortable. Don't worry for even a second – it's just one meal. You might get across the idea that eating raw isn't an "all or nothing" and that might persuade people to try it.

See my website for more recipes and info on how to try a raw food diet.

~ Sonia

Happy summertime parties to you – Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This salad is a HUGE hit with people and it's one of the salads from my Summer Sampler Cookbook

Mesclun Salad With Shaved Pear
2 large handfuls of lettuce
One pear
1/4 c Walnuts
2tsp Agave

Dressing
2T olive oil
1T orange juice
2tsp Agave
rock salt to taste

Walnuts: If you have a toaster over, spread walnuts out on tray or foil, coat with Agave and toast on lightest setting. If you don't have a toaster oven, let walnuts soak in Agave while you prepare salad. Top salad w. walnuts just before serving.

Pears:
Leave skin on and shave with peeler completely to form layered shavings.
Dressing: Combine and add to salad just before serving



No comments:

Post a Comment